Cleaner Warsee

Aries85

Reefing newb
I have been researching this fish for a while now, and my LFS finally got one in, but I am little hesitant about buying him. I have see that they are carnivores, but I did read some were that they may munch on corals. Anyone have any idea if this fish is Reef Safe w/ Caution or just I should not even attempt it. I also have heard that some people boycott the buying of the the cleaner warsee, because they feel its inhumane to them as they will eventually starve because of the lack of parasites on the fish in the tank. Whats anyone opinion on it?

Here is the scientific name of itLarabicus quadrilineatus. Than ks in advance

What you mentioned is what I've read.They are difficult wrasse to keep because of there diet.There are so many beautiful reef safe wrasse,why get one of those?

What you already mention,I've read they may bite little chunks out of fish also,if they get to the point of near starvation.

I bought two a while back to get some Ich off a tang and they lasted about 2 weeks and just died. They are really tough to keep. If you want a wrasse, get a flasher wrasse or fairy wrasse, they are much hardier

-Doc

this is one of those fish that is best kept in the wild. had one before and only lasted for a month.

Yes, after a long debt I decided not to get the fish. We did not want to take the chance of the fish nipping at the corals, and also we think that they probably are best kept in the wild. Thank you all for the input.

So instead of this fish we got a Yellow (Candy) (Twospot) Hogfish instead. I will post some pics under the tank thread later on tonight.

i have my yellow coris wrasse in my tank for a year now. i had it when it was only 1.5 inch and it is now about 3-4 inches. fat little fish. it also kille 3 radiant wrasse so that is a 3rd strike on the radiant for me no matter how i like to have one noe more.

I only have a crappy pic of him. He will not sit still long enough to get a shot off. I have one I am going to try to clean up. Yeah, Biff thats the 1st time I saw one at a LFS. We are really pleased with him. Pics coming soon.

Back