cloudy tank...

meshman10

"YA CANT FIX STUPID"
Up and running for 2.5 year's and no crash's, until today. I ran a errand came home to a completely CLOUDY GREEN tank. so I'm like WTF, changed out phosphate remover,new sock and cleaned skimmer. she's starting to clear up (coral's seem fine) but, this happend in like an 45 min to 1 hr.. it was crystal clear when I left, I think it was an algea bloom . has this happened to any one else???

Last edited:
yes and yes params are cal 450, ph 8.0, nit 0, total alk 8 to 9. talked to my LFS and they said it was most likely a phyto bloom.. today it's like it never happendthe ONLY thing I can think of is that I've been messing with my fuge lighting time's but I decreased it from 12 hrs a day to like 9 or 10..so I just put it back .. and thank's lopside

yes and yes params are cal 450, ph 8.0, nit 0, total alk 8 to 9. talked to my LFS and they said it was most likely a phyto bloom.. today it's like it never happendthe ONLY thing I can think of is that I've been messing with my fuge lighting time's but I decreased it from 12 hrs a day to like 9 or 10..so I just put it back .. and thank's lopside

No prob

UPDATE ... ... ... well last night I was messing with the fuge light time and noticed that I had some plant dieoff..so now I'm kicking myself in the arse for not posting a pic when this happened.I will post a pic tonight of the fuge,some plant ID would be greatly appericiated...talked to my LFS (2 of them just to get the consense's) and there like param's, water change, yadda yadda yadda but, still no answer's...GRRR... thank's guy's (and gal's)......

Last edited:
Back