clown fish and anonme question

surferido

funky buttlovin
i recently bought a false peclua clown for my 29 gal. i had him in the tank for about 2 days before my buddy gave me his green carpet anonme. my question is i have the anonme on the left side of the tank and the clown wont really venture to the left side (he likes to follow the long nose hawkfish where ever he goes which usually stays on the right) but is there away i can try to get him to the anonme and take hold or is it a no go?
P.s the way he swims and acts i think he has down syndrome, a.d.d or something......thanks

give it time as dustin said. and make sure you have all the means to support a healthy anemone because when they die especially in a tank your size, it will kill everything with it.

My clown took a good week or so before he found the nem. Some won't end up hosting at all. You'll just have to wait and see. Plus your nem could decide to up and walk over to the other side of the tank anyway. You never know with those things.

what are some signs of poor health in the carpet anonmes just so i can look out if they start to show up? and how do they kill the other fish?

what are some signs of poor health in the carpet anonmes just so i can look out if they start to show up? and how do they kill the other fish?

They eat them. Fish get stuck on their tentacles and the nematocysts sting/paralyze them. Then they get swallowed up by the mouth in the center. Mmmmmm....
For your first Q: Your carpet will shrivel up, not eat when fed, then you'll see the foot begin to look "melted" after a day or two, maybe longer. When this happens, get it out ASAFP and toss it before it crashes your tank. 29g is way too small for a carpet IMO. They need Metal halide lighting (or lots of T5 probably), low nitrates, and good flow to stand a chance. Best of luck man

Carpet anemones are notorious for catching and eating fish. Even their own clowns. I hope you have enough light for the anemone, they are very difficult to keep alive and require more light than most corals. I mentioned more things in your other thread.

Back