Clown with a cloudy eye

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
Came in this morning to find my female domino clown with a cloudy eye and the male clown staying out of her way. She's not nearly as active as she normally is. Breathing rate seems okay, no signs of ick or other illness. All other fish seem fine. I'm worried I'm going to lose her. Anything I can do? If I move her into quarantine and treat with antibiotics, should I move the male as well? Will it disrupt their pairing and then cause problems when I move her back to the main tank if I don't move him? I've had them almost 2 years now...

Is she still eating fine? You say no other signs of illness? The only comfort I can give you is that can simply be a sign of irritation to that eye. Meaning she may have rubbed it up against something. My Six line wrasse had the same thing for around 3 days . Mine was still eating fine and was a little less active but it eventually just went away. Maybe if you can post a picture someone with a little more knowledge can be of more assistance . I hope it all works out for you.

She is eating fine, and after doing some googling, it sounds like it is likely physical trauma instead of illness since it is only one eye. She and her mate have been cleaning the rocks pretty excessively lately so maybe she just scraped her eye. She's acting a little more normal today and I'm not as worried. Maybe this means they will start spawning soon?!

Back