Clownfish Disease?

Nate0712

Reefing newb
My oxyx clowns have been fighting for a long time and I started noticing a little flake looking thing on each of the clowns. Please tell me this is probably just torn up scales and It will heal. I will try and get pictures. And they seem to stay farther away from each other lately

dont know if you can see or not but there you go. Also when I first got the clowns they were the same color one faded a lot. does this mean anything?

Attachments

• 318.jpg
    318.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 587
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,285
  • 341.jpg
    341.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 757
Worm thing is vertnid (sp?) snail. You can glue the tube shut it annoys the coral.

Im not sure what is on the clowns, but it could be from the rough housing. Clownfish disease usually is first seen with mossy stuff around the gills. And it looks too large to be ich to me. As long as they are still eating, there is hope they will bounce back. If you added them when they were both about the same size there can be a lot of fighting as they figure out who was going be the female (dominate one).

And the lighter one is most likely the male, the females are darker and larger.

Hannah is right, clowns will change colors and size when one established dominance. The male is smaller, lighter and brighter colored.

Back