clownfish with hair algae and sand pebble stuck in mouth

clownfish cj

Reefing newb
Should I be concerned about this? My clownfish has a sand pebble hanging outside his mouth attached to some hair algae he must have ate and he can't shake off the pebble now. I'm not sure if I should laugh or be concerned.

I think it would stress him more to try and catch him and remove it. Give him some time and see if he can solve the issue on his own.

But ya, i cant decided whether to laugh or be concerned too . . .

hi this is clownfish cj's wife writing. our little daughter dumped a bunch of fish food in our tank. HELP!!!! What do I do?? my husband is at work and i can't reach him

Scoop out as much as you can by hand with a net or a turkey baster. Get him to make up some waterchange water and tomorrow, do a water change and suck up as much as you can. Keep an eye on your levels! Then do another waterchange in a few days.

Good luck! Im sure it will turn out fine!

hi this is clownfish cj's wife writing. our little daughter dumped a bunch of fish food in our tank. HELP!!!! What do I do?? my husband is at work and i can't reach him

Oh, yeah ,my daughter did that in our 45g 2 DAYS before we were due to leave for vacation LOL

+1 fish, siphon out as much as possible and do lots of water changes, keep an eye on your parameters.

P.S. If you don't know how to make new saltwater, or don't have any on hand, use the siphon to get the food out, but put the water through a strainer into the sump if there is one, or into a clean bucket...then just pour the water back in. It will at least get the excess food out.

Back