clowns pairing and hosting

buddy08

SPS Addict
any information on this? i have 2 clowns that i bought as a pair. They are always swimming together and every once in a while i will one one of them shaking and wiggling as if its dancing for the other. lately they have seemed more aggressive towards the other fish in 2 areas of my tank and will charge the smaller fish like my damsels away from these locations. Is this early signs of them pairing up? One of the locations is on one of my shelf rocks at the top of the tank, the other is in the bottom left corner about my torch coral. One clownfish will swim towards the torch and everynow in then swim through its polyps, is it trying to host this?

Some other members through the forums have said yes, take a look through the fish and the coral forums for the last 2 months and there was something mentioned of this.

clowns will host anything that they feel safe/comfortable in and another cool thing is if you spot feed that certain coral before and the clown decides to host it you no longer need to spot feed it because the clown will be doing that for you now.

my clown and brain are partnered up now and if my hand goes anywhere in the tank the clown starts nipping at me nonstop

2011-08-05_18-54-54_991.jpg

the brain is a (Trachyphyllia radiata) open brain , i may be wrong but im pretty sure thats it lol

check out my build thread and youll see a better (fatter) pic of it on page 7

Back