Compatability issues?

Justin0329

Reefing newb
I am looking at adding a few new additions to my tank. First off I should mention I already have an algae blenny. The two fish I am thinking of adding consist of 1 diamond watchman goby (with pistol shrimp eventually) and the second is an engineer goby. I know two gobys shouldnt be together but the Diamond watchman goby and the engineer look totally different. Not only color but shape and size. Second, my concern is with the diamond watchman and the algae blenny. I know one is a blenny and one is a goby but the two have a similar body shape. Does anyone foresee any issues immediate or in the future. Oh, and before I forget, they would all be placed in a 210 that consist of other peaceful free swimmers.

I am looking at adding a few new additions to my tank. First off I should mention I already have an algae blenny. The two fish I am thinking of adding consist of 1 diamond watchman goby (with pistol shrimp eventually) and the second is an engineer goby. I know two gobys shouldnt be together but the Diamond watchman goby and the engineer look totally different. Not only color but shape and size. Second, my concern is with the diamond watchman and the algae blenny. I know one is a blenny and one is a goby but the two have a similar body shape. Does anyone foresee any issues immediate or in the future. Oh, and before I forget, they would all be placed in a 210 that consist of other peaceful free swimmers.

I would say that many large gobies and Blennies could co-exist in a 100 gal. atleast so in a 210 they'll be fine. Also diamond watchmans are sand sifters not shrimp gobies. I would still get diamond but also get a shrimp goby.

What type of shrimp goby would you recomend? Obviously it would have to be peaceful and compatable with the onther 2 gobys I am getting. I know its a 210 and there is ample room and hiding places for them but I just want to make sure I am not pressing my luck.

What type of shrimp goby would you recomend? Obviously it would have to be peaceful and compatable with the onther 2 gobys I am getting. I know its a 210 and there is ample room and hiding places for them but I just want to make sure I am not pressing my luck.

Any gobies of the Cryptocentrus, Amblyeleotris, Stonogobiops, Signigobius and Lythrypnus genus. Personally I like pink bar or Orange spotted.

Back