Conch 101

SeaBee

Ha Ha Thats Funny!
Ok, so I bought two med. size conch's, or conches, the other night when I was cleaning up after my Goby (who makes mountains out of my sand) I could swear a conch tried to stick me with something, very fast movement, he was under the sand. So two quick questions: can the conch hurt me? And, does anyone want a pian in the substrate Goby? He's a diamond back and about 4 inches long now, free shipping! He's really a pain in the arse with his constant excavation work in my tank, no permits, no blueprints, just does what he wants! But really, now the conch has me all scared to move the sand with my hand. Also, I saw coming out of one of my rocks a very small worm like thing, only white and red stripped like a candy cane and small like a feather duster worm, wtf is that??

do you really not want your goby?

the conch will not hurt you unless it is not a conch. they will kinda jump out of the way most of the time i have never had any trouble with the 4 that i have.

Conchs do have an appendage that looks kinda like a knife and is sharp enough to cut you.But its normally used to help the conch move itself around its environment and not self-defense

I know exactly what you mean. I had issues with my Red Spot Goby, but he finally settled down after about a month. Never knew on fosh could move that amount of substrate.

the pink/red and white thing does it look like the photo? if so you have yourself a cocoa worm! they are really spiffy and pretty :) just another realative of the feather duster! if it is that congrats! They are UBER expensive here...

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 530
the pink/red and white thing does it look like the photo? if so you have yourself a cocoa worm! they are really spiffy and pretty :) just another realative of the feather duster! if it is that congrats! They are UBER expensive here...

I would say maybe one or two little fingers of that, not the whole thing. It'd in a piece of rock that I've had for about 4 months. It looks like a very small bristle worm. I cant get a pi, its that small. But it retracts if I try to touch it.

Back