Controller Question

ReefCarl

Reefing newb
I have done some research on tank controllers and am considering the purchase of a "ReefKeeper Elite Net" system.

For me, the big draw would be the ability to run essential systems off of an "uninterrupted power supply" (UPS) during a power outage, but I am not certain how that would work. These UPS's are designed to run computers during an outage and would supply enough power to keep things stable during the occasional hour-long power outages I experience at my home. For anything longer, I have a generator that I can set up to power my entire home.

I found on the Digital Aquatics website that the RKE "integrates with backup battery" but no details.
1) Does anyone have any experience integrating a ReefKeeper with a batter backup?
2) Is there a better method than using a UPS?

Thank you for your help.

Carl

An UPS probably isn't going to help you with what your looking for. They're designed to run a computer long enough to enable you to properly shut it down, it's not a longer term solution and on top of that your looking at running even more demanding electrical equipment off of it. If your using an UPS, I wouldn't expect anymore then 5 and if your lucky 10 mins of run time for your tank.

Back