Coral Beauty

Thats the thing about my LFS.They dont get there livestock direct from the importer.There is a pretty good mark up though.But once you figure in the cost of shipping 10 to 15 boxes of livestock,having to pay for the ones that dont live,among other things.

I don't blame them for the mark up at all. I love America and that is part of business. I was just shocked when I found out that crabs are 15 cents a piece and sold for 2 bucks and that the Koran that I see listed for $65 came in at $18. Not too bad for a business.

-Doc

I guess either they dont have enough customers so they need to charge that much to survive (which is ok) or they dont care and will charge whatever they want (which is not ok). When i charge my clients, i cant just quote them whatever i want. I hoping other industries have a standard price range too...

no. there is no standard. if there is no competition, they can do pretty much what they want if the public buys it. there is no oversight from a union or agency. I have seen prices in San Diego California just abusive. Like a Regal Tang for $200. there is a place in SLC that charges more than 50% than my LFS does and people buy it cuz they don't know better. Oh, well. If things are too expensive for you, the Internet may be the way to go

-Doc

Back