Coral Branded Shrimp

laura-jean

friend to the fish
I got one as an impulse buy, then I discovered how useful cleaner shrimp can be. :/

Does my coral branded shrimp do anything for the tank?? He appears to just hide in the back all day/night.

Is it true that you can't have different kinds of shrimp in one tank?

It's a 28 gal nano cube.

Thanks for any advice!!

You'll want to keep an eye on that coral banded.They can and will catch fish when they get a chance.

I just looked it up and it is actually a CAMEL shrimp.

They labeled it wrong...I got it at a LFS I don't normally go to.

What about camel shrimp? They okay?

Grrrrrrrrrrrargh. That's so annoying. Maybe that's why they labeled him as a coral branded. I've had him for about a month and he hasn't bugged anything but I just got a new leather that he'd been hanging out under...nooooooooooo :(

I'll move him to the quarantine tank until monday when I can bring him back.

It's okay, coral banded shrimp eat fish, so you're in the same boat no matter which predatory shrimp you ended up with!! ;)

I had a Coral Banded for about a year but had to take him back. He was trying to capture my clown. I guess I should have let him the clown can be mean. But seriously, the shrimp just got too big and aggressive.

I assume you meant Coral Banded Shrimp and not as you said "Coral Branded Shrimp" unless of course you branded your shrimp. I had a Coral Banded and he never bothered any of my fish --as a matter of fact he got eaten by a Bi-color Dottyback. A large Coral Banded might eat a small fish --its possible.

Back