Coral Feeding

I've personally only used a few things and would like to expand my horizoins when it comes to feeing, zoa's, mushrooms, acans, chalices, paly's, ect...Maybe a mod could make this a sticky. What do you feed your sofies/lps/sps AND HOW OFTEN? I know a few of you have some crazy concoctions out there....Sharing is caring :Cheers:

Last edited:
I feed my tank Phyto-Feast, Oyster Feast, and Arcti Pods for coral. I just squirt it into water flow. I will target feed some others like my high end palys, Acans, Biff's Blastos with thawed mysis. I also cover those corals with a cut soda bottle. It kinda makes a dome over them, and I can feed down through the bottle top.

Hello i feed Mysis,new hatch brine shrimp, phyto feast,micro vert,and home brew oyster stew
1.fresh cut acans target feed every 3 days mysis,fresh brine shrimp
2.older acans target feed every 5 day same diet
3.tank gets micro-vert and phyto feast every 3 days
4.high end palys and zoas get baby brine and misys every 5 days.
5.tank gets baby brine and oyster stew once a week
But we have two pod factories piped into the sump of the display tank so i probably don't need to feed as often as i due.But it works for us and the cheato grows like wildfire in our system.So do the shrooms thou those damn things are everywhere but we like them

Last edited:
I feed my corals every 2-3 days...and I switch between cyclopeeze and mysis.

Thanks

Hello i feed Mysis,new hatch brine shrimp, phyto feast,micro vert,and home brew oyster stew
1.fresh cut acans target feed every 3 days mysis,fresh brine shrimp
2.older acans target feed every 5 day same diet
3.tank gets micro-vert and phyto feast every 3 days
4.high end palys and zoas get baby brine and misys every 5 days.
5.tank gets baby brine and oyster stew once a week
But we have two pod factories piped into the sump of the display tank so i probably don't need to feed as often as i due.But it works for us and the cheato grows like wildfire in our system.So do the shrooms thou those damn things are everywhere but we like them

Thanks! This is more like what i wanted to hear.

Lets keep it rollin. :Cheers:

I feed on a rotating shift. One night Phyto Feast, next Oyster Feast, next Arcti Pods. Then off a night. About every 3 days I target feed all the LPS I listed, and my Palys Mysis.

I feed a blend of stuff that is local made by one of the stores here. I feed the LPS and gorgs every day, but not every heads food every day. I also like to feed rods food and mysid chunks about once a week.

For a 90 gallon tank, I feed my fish and corals 3 cubes every other day. They eat the same stuff. I target feed my LPS with a turkey baster.

I use a mix of frozen foods: mysis, fortified brine, cyclopeeze, emerald entree, marine cuisine, krill, daphnia, plankton, etc.

Back