Coralvue / Reef Octopus

Wow, did not know that about them. I know several people on here use them. I have not used any of those skimmers so I have no experience with them.

That's definitely interesting. I don't have anything bad to say about them because I've been 100% satisfied with their product and haven't had to call customer service!

Buyer beware? Or just a difficult customer?

I was thinking that too. He wasn't exactly the friendliest person, or at all respectful....but at the same time, I bet he was frustrated as hell. No one should have to go to such lengths to try to get a replacement part.

Going off price alone, and knowing this, I would still buy from them though.

i have an octo skimmer and have had no problems with it but like biff i have not had to call them about it either

yea, me neither, i've never needed to call them cause the product i bought (octo 110) has never failed me, plug it in, dial it in, and let her run... oh, and empty the cup occasionally... hehehe

come to think about it, in the months that i've had that unit, i havent even cleaned the venturi yet... might outta think about doing that... hmmm

No, see I have been happy too with the skimmer. But I need a replacement part that I have just given up on. The treads cracked on the part that attached to the pump, without it my skimmer is pretty much useless. I tried EVERYWHERE to find it and all of my LFS, home deopt, pluming shops, fittings shops no one has anything that would work so I started trying to contact them to see about a replacement part. I have e-mailed called many times. My LFS told me that getting information out of them or replacement parts is next to impossible... I just couldn't justify spending all that money on a new skimmer for a part that is probably a few bucks? I gave up on them. JB weld stuff (for aquariums) it doesn't look pretty but at this point I don't care...

I was really disappointed by that post, no mater how horrible of a customer someone is, if you are representing a company you need to do it with some class and professionalism.

you are very right i do belive that there customer service may suck. and it sucks even more when it is you dealing with them and not getting nowhere with thim i hope that i never have to deal with them myself.

Well good news!!! They got back to me they seemed very flexible on trying to help me. But, they don't have what I need. It did take them a while to get back to me but no real complaints other then that!

Back