Cottonwood 125 Reef tank build

Sorry that's what I meant to say...I think anyway...it was a late night! So it will give the yellow in my tank, I saw a purple tang that looked cool as well. So I'll look more into what Tangs will be ok together in my tank. Right now I'm leaving to go get my Chromis and pep shrimp.

Just wondering if your sand has cleared up, mine is still crazy cloudy.
No its not still really cloudy. It finally settled down. But as soon as I disturb the sand its all cloudy again and takes about 24hrs to settle again. From when I first added the sand though, it was a solid 2 weeks of crap though! I'm hoping now that I have added a small CUC and am getting some more soon they will help get rid of some of the junk or some thing. I keep my HOB filters on hand though, I just re-did my rock because my wife didn't like it and boom, crap again so the filter is back on for the night. Hope yours clears up ok for you.

Here are a few pictures of my tank. I have re done the rock, but I'm still not 100% on it and I don't have pictures of the new set up because its too cloudy at the moment. I tried to get some pictures of the little white tube things on some of my rock...any idea what they are? good or bad?

I added some CUC and I have a snail with red stripes on its shell, med sized that cruises the glass. He's up out of the water...that ok? The hermit crabs seem to be doing fine, the snail with the elephant trunk thing is my fav, he is awesome and all over the tank...he even picked up an apatasia that is on his shell, but he disappeared before I could grab him to get it off...hope he's ok....I want a few more of those. I got 2 smallish snails with black shells and the snails are black, but they haven't moved more than 1 inch since I put them in...not sure if they will make it. The place I went to was ridiculously expensive so I only got a few things for now. I'm ordering the rest off reefs2go.com tonight, it'll be cheaper from them with shipping than at the store.

Here are my few pictures for now.

Attachments

• IMAG0065.jpg
    IMAG0065.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 397
  • IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 408
  • IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 361
White Tube Stuff, and Me at the top of Cathedral Rock this summer (just for fun)

Attachments

• IMAG0062.jpg
    IMAG0062.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 307
  • IMAG0061.jpg
    IMAG0061.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_6118.jpg
    IMG_6118.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 347
The rocks look good. Not sure if you ordered from reefs to go yet but, if not you should check out reefcleaners.org They have great prices, cheap shipping, and excellent customer service. Plus, myself and everyone I've heard that has ordered from them have always gotten more CUC then they actually paid for.

Thanks everyone, I liked the rocks like that but my wife didn't and she wanted me to try to hide the power heads...I'm not sure how much I like the new arrangement, but I'm sure I'll change it around a couple more times haha!

The rocks look good. Not sure if you ordered from reefs to go yet but, if not you should check out reefcleaners.org They have great prices, cheap shipping, and excellent customer service. Plus, myself and everyone I've heard that has ordered from them have always gotten more CUC then they actually paid for.

I haven't ordered yet, I'll check out reefcleaners. I liked the reefs2go because they have a bunch of by one get one free stuff, and shipping is $24 flat for any order under $150. But I will def check it out.

Any ideas what those white tube/worm looking things are on my rocks? There's a bunch of it and the hermit crabs have kinda started eating some of them that died or fell off when I moved the rock around. Just wondering if its good, bad, or ugly...

It actually kinda looks like spaghetti sponge.
I couldn't find pictures of exactly what mine is, but it does seem to be some sort of sponge, which from reading means a good environment...so thats good I hope. But why is my snail up out of the water? I dont get that...he was in the same spot above the water when I left for work so he was out all night. He is a red stripe trochus snail.

So I ordered a bunch of CUC, pods, 2 goby's a pistol shrimp, pep shrimp and 3 chromis. The total was up around $100 plus the $24 shipping. So I figured I could order $50 more to get the total to $150 and get free shipping so the $50 of live stock would only cost $26 at this point. I added the sail fin tang, an emerald crab (I think I have some bubble algae stuff starting) and a blue mushroom.
The link is my cart...I don't know if you can see it. But is this too much to add all at once? I'll keep up with water changes and all my water parameters are perfect right now. Or should I break the order down into 2? The only thing is that would cost me an extra $50 in shipping...

Reefs2go.com You have nothing in your shopping cart
BOGO means by one get one (free)

I can't see what is in your cart.I think you will be okay,feed sparingly for the first week,maybe.

Reef2Go is one of my new favorite places.I bought ric polyps,BOGO a few months ago.Bought something like 8 polyps got 8 free.Also there CUC is super cheap and free shipping.If you add other things to a CUC pack,shipping is free regardless of the price.

Well I got online to order my fish and CUC and mushroom, when I got an email from a guy about some lights. He said 36" Nova Extreme with 4 bulbs for $90. So I think I might get those and wait a couple weeks to order my fish and stuff for when I get another commission check....would 2 sets of those lights be ok for my tank to grow some corals? I like the zoas, the plate/shelf like corals(cant remember the name...monti maybe...) and acans the most...

Ahhh....why cant I just win the lottery and build this tank already! Its going too slow! haha!

Here is my order from Reefs2go.com Home After like 2 days I went into my history and clicked on the page that had my cart on it. It brought up my cart with all my same stuff in it, PLUS an extra $15 discount (It was like 10% of the original total) and free shipping. I have no idea where the discount came from, but that's ok with me!

INV_SN_NASS_BOGO Nassarius Snail $0.59 10 $5.90
INV_SN_MARG_BOGO Margarita Snail $0.99 5 $4.95
INV_SHR_PEP_BOGO Peppermint Shrimp $5.99 2 $11.98
INV_CR_W-BOGO White Leg Hermit Crab $0.62 2 $1.24
INV_SHR_FOOD_BOGO Live Marine Feeder Shrimp $0.69 10 $6.90
F-CHROMIS Green Chromis $3.00 3 $9.00
INV_CR_B Blue Leg Hermit Crab $0.49 10 $4.90
INV_CR_SHEL-10 10 Empty Shells $3.99 1 $3.99
F-GOBY-GREEN Green Coral Goby $8.99 1 $8.99
F-GOBY-WMAN-YELLOW Watchman Goby- Yellow $6.99 1 $6.99
INV_SHR_PISTOL_RAND Randalls Pistol Shrimp $10.99 1 $10.99
INV_SN_CER_BOGO Cerith Snail $0.69 5 $3.45