Couple of new corals

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
I just negotiated for a couple of gorgeous looking corals

One is metallic zoas and the other is a superman ric :D

he wanted 320 for both, and said he would take 50 bucks off! so thats 270. Then when I said I wont take it for more than 250 he said nooooo the ric is worth that much. Fair to say, 2 hours later, he messaged me saying 250 was fine :D All talk lol.

The ric is actually worth 250 here which is good so ill frag it and get selling hehehe here are the pics

009.jpg

Zoo1-1.jpg

what do you guys think of them? How much would you pay in the US? or will it hurt me to know :S

Thats awesome, Im going to build a really nice zoa garden I think. Do you know what these are called? What are some other nice ones you have? :)

What is the exchange rate right now? Rics usually go for $10 to $20 US a polyp. BUT they come from the Caribbean. So any rics you are getting, are coming from halfway around the globe, and are going to be marked up substantially.

haha prices are ridiculous hey?

And no, we dont get anything from the carribean except fish I believe. We export lots of corals and inverts and fish and all th rest but it is illegal to import corals and inverts. So everything we get comes from our own reefs, thats why its expensive!

But, at least with this one being rare I can frag him and get selling :)

There both in the tank now, just dropped some filter food in to help them become more at home.

But, if you guys live here, I would just give you a frag ;)

Missed that one alex, yes, we do get the from the great barrier reef, but all the best stuff is shipped to you guys in the states for ridiculous prices because americans will pay for it!

Biff was saying that why they're so expensive there is because they're shipped across the world. If that's not the case then why do they cost so much?

"Because they are rare alex, you can get corals from all different places probably multiple countries.

Think of this, we are sourcing from 1 or 2 sites in australia and have a limit on certain things we can take out. Next, we get all our good stuff and send it to the US because they can get better prices. So what becomes left for us is nowhere near as nice and also has the issue of being over priced because there are less people who want to pay the price so we get less meaning the price will stay high. We dont have an established aquarium world here.

The Superman ric is more pink than red, and you cant see as much blue because its still tiny, but still one good looking peice.

Back