couple of questions

dartmyth

Reefing newb
First is are Zoanthids and Ricordea a good choice for begiiner. I like the bright colors that they come in.
Second is where is a good place online to buy cheato, their is only one lfs in my area but i will not buy anything from them cause everything is so exspensive, like $40 for basic clownfish, $5 for a snail. $20 for not even tenisball size of cheato.
Sucks have to get just about everything online.

Biff sells it $10 shipped i believe for chaeto.

Zoas and mushrooms are fine for beginners,but what is your setup?

i have a 75 gal tank with a 20 gal long for a sump. Going to make a alge scrubber next from what i have read they work good and dont need a skimmer. Which would be good cause on a fixed income but so far love every min i have spent with my tank.

Ricordeas and zoanthids are great starter corals.

I sell sandwich bags of chaeto for $10 shipped. You can send me a PM if you would like details.

It is an algae that uses up nitrates and phosphates in your tank. You prune it occasionally, as it grows pretty fast if left unchecked. It needs light to grow, so you could put it in one of the back sections of the BioCube. I believe Sen on this site has modded the back of his BioCube by scraping the paint off, and putting a light behind it for his chaeto.

Back