Crab Hitchhiker Identification

blazk

Reefing newb
Title really says it all.
crab.JPG

Found him while i was cleaning off red algae, no idea how long he has been there for. Didn't want to take the risk of him being a "bad crab" and put him and the piece of LR in the Fuge.

The crab itself is black/brown with white dots any ideas?

a good "rule of thumb", if the crab has pointed claws.... you should assume he's bad..... doesn't always apply, but again.... if you can't identify it..... I would follow that rule...... better to be safe than sorry...

JMO, doesn't make it true

If it is hairy at all or has dark tipped claws KILL IT! If you arent sure KILL IT! Crabs are EVIL!

disclaimer: If you are opposed to death throw it in the sump where it cant harm anything.

From what i saw it was hairy legged, its in the Fuge at the moment, but only 1 piece of LR in there so i know where he will be. I have no problem killing him, but the mrs might over rule me as usual and ill have to drive to the beach.

From what i saw it was hairy legged, its in the Fuge at the moment, but only 1 piece of LR in there so i know where he will be. I have no problem killing him, but the mrs might over rule me as usual and ill have to drive to the beach.

Don't kill it. It's not his fault that he is in your tank.

Eh if you got it into the fuge dont kill it I guess, dont ever put it back into the ocean as it might become an invasive species like lionfishes have become here. Let it live in the sump itll be cool to watch.

Yer as i thought i got beaten down by the mrs anyways, so it stays..i would like to see how big it gets i just have to remember hes in there lol.

Back