Crazymman's 55 Gal Build

But it's not cheaper than buying an RODI unit and making your own ;)

Test your water before you add it next time... You may be buying the water with nitrates in it already. Surprisingly, this seems to happen quite a bit...

I'm starting to think i dont have a big enough CUC. I have 2 Nass snails, 10 turbo snails, 10 blue leg hermits, and a sand sifting star. Is this enough for a 55?

I'll answer your question with a question.:D
Is there enough algae and waste to support any more CUC right now?

I dont see much algae. Let me put it this way, I'm having trouble getting my nitrates down. I did a 20% water change and still have 20 ppm. I know Biff said that the water im getting from my LFS may have nitrates in it. And thats possible I havent gotten anymore yet to test it. But is there another reason why i cant get them down?

It could be because your tank is so new.A lot of times we expect our tank to be nitrate free as soon as we do our first waterchange.But 90% of the time,the tank needs to mature more to be able to process the nitrates into nitrogen.

Well I fianlly got my sump up and running today! I also got 3 free frags from a guy on a local forum. I got 1 frag of candy cane, 1 of GSP, and 1 birds nest frag. I was and still am worried that I wont be able to properly care for the birds nest because I only have T-5 lighting but his 185 gallon was all under T-5 and he had crazy growth. I will post pics of all my progress tomorrow. He's also gonna give me a free frag of fire and ice zoos and a frag of a nice monti cap he has.

A lot of people underestimate just how good T-5s are.:D
Sounds like a great start to the weekend to me and now waitin on the pics.

Back