Crocea placement

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
I just got a crocea clam, and I am wondering if it would be alright to place it on the sand bed. It in a 55 gallon, with the Aquactinics Tx5, 5 bulb.

I will post pics when it is fully opened.

I'd put it on the sand. Some people say they like to be on the rocks, but I think mine like the sand better. At least they act happier on the sand.

I'd put it on the sand. Some people say they like to be on the rocks, but I think mine like the sand better. At least they act happier on the sand.

Did you place it on a rock first, and let it attach, or did you send it directly on the sand? Also, was that with your T5's?

I have mine in the sand bed, but I cannot tell if the clam is starting to brown a bit. If it starts looking less colorful, move it up on the rocks. That is my plan at least

-Doc

Chisel around the rocks.I never could remove one from a rock.They will just not let go.Prying them off may damage and kill the clam.When I bought my clam,I let it attach to a small rock first so it was much easier to move it around.

Well, my clam doesn't like where I am putting him, (yes, it's a boy, I checked) he always end up laying on the sand bed. It is full of color and looks healthy. I have tried numerous spots on the rockwork.

Any ideas?

um, leave him alone? I gave up a long time ago trying to make my moveable critters stay where I want them to be. If your clam is doing well and lying down, well then, there he will stay. Sorry, no way to reason with an animal with no brain. Shoot, I have been trying with Biff for a long time, and she still won't learn. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

-Doc

um, leave him alone? I gave up a long time ago trying to make my moveable critters stay where I want them to be. If your clam is doing well and lying down, well then, there he will stay. Sorry, no way to reason with an animal with no brain. Shoot, I have been trying with Biff for a long time, and she still won't learn. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

-Doc

Muahahahahahahaha.
untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back