Curing some dry rock??

Jason In The 561

Reefing newb
So I have a few questions about curing dry rock Im about to order from BRS. Im in the process of setting up a BC 29 and wanted to buy 30lbs of dry rock and seed it with maybe 5 or 10 lbs of live. This is my plan but I wanted to check to see if its the right one.

1. Rinse rock off with some RO water to remove excess dust and wastes

2. Mix some fresh RO/DI saltwater

3. Place fresh water, rocks, power head, heater in container and let it do its thing until daily readings reach the desired zeros

4. Place ''cured' rocks in newly setup, freshly mixed water, BC 29 and continue to check lvls until desired zeros come around again.

Should my piece of 'seed' LR be placed in the curing container from the start or am I curing with out it and placing LR in tank when dry rock is finished?

Would this cause a second cycle once everything is in the tank because of the die off from the LR?

On a side note I was planning on ordering some of each of the three types of dry rock BRS offers. Some people say its kinda nice to have the versatility of different types of rock for aquascaping and aesthetic reasons. I was thinking 10lbs of each Fiji and Pukani and 15 of the Eco. Just looking for some personal opinions on the matter.

I would put everything in your tank and just cycle everything once, it will be much faster that way

And i never really thought about mixing and matching rocks before

Back