Damn Diggers

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
First my Midas Blenny digs up half the tank. He stopped for whatever reason some time ago but now my Fiji Blue Devil is digging huge tunnels under the rock. I only have a 29G so there is not much space. It has become a daily ritual to dig my beautiful new orange plate coral out of the sand --in fact the plate has tried to float away from the digging as far as he can.

Diggers --what can you do?

my sand sifting goby is ALWAYS dumpings sand all over my corals, im especially worried about my pink plate coral, i bought mine with about 4 other people and mine is so far the only one alive so im missioning to keep it alive, i just take a turkey baster and blow the sand off lol

my sand sifting goby is ALWAYS dumpings sand all over my corals, im especially worried about my pink plate coral, i bought mine with about 4 other people and mine is so far the only one alive so im missioning to keep it alive, i just take a turkey baster and blow the sand off lol

I'd luv to see a pic of your pink plate !

My midas blenny only goes in rock caves I didnt know they messed with the sand. My sandsifter goby really only messes with the sand directly around his cave its like a constant battle for him to keep it built up around his entrance but he is never bored I guess.

Its really part of nature though and the sand movers are essential to keeping the build up out of the sand which can cause issues later on.

Mabye you could try using a piece of rock to raise the area where the plate coral is and then cover it with sand so that it is elevated.

My plates always get covered in sand, by me accidently while i clean the tank :D they just shake it off slowly, but that would be so anonying if it happens a lot!

Would be cool to watch though

I have a yellow watchman, but even worse, i have a decorator who seems to love just pulling corals off when i have stuck them down and just leaving them in the sand...... douche.

I have a yellow watchman, but even worse, i have a decorator who seems to love just pulling corals off when i have stuck them down and just leaving them in the sand...... douche.

I have a decorator also and i always keep lots of live plants around and he has never once touched my corals. The plants are softer and easier for them to snip and move so at least for mine he sticks with the plants.

Yea he finds algae sticks it to his back but then just picks my corals off their glue, and dumps them! :roll: Little git!

Attachments

• pink plates.jpg
    pink plates.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 157
Back