Damselfish

rdahlke1105

I'm a girl.
My semi-LFS has these black with lighter blue (almost an electric blue) striped damsel fish. I was just curious on what the specific name of these would be. I asked, but the owner only had time to say they were damsels (he was helping someone else at the time and I didn't want to pester him too much). I've looked online and can't seem to find a picture or a name. And before anyone says anything, no I am NOT going to get any damsels. LOL

the only thing that comes to mind for me is if it were spots the Jewel Damsel... but you said lines so hmmm IDK.... There are vast types out there.

Yea I know. These were black and had one or two neon blue lines going from nose to tail. I think I found them, but I'm looking at the pictures to see if those are them. I think they may be Neon Velvet Damselfish. But the pictures I'm seeing of the Neon Velvet Damselfish aren't quite what I saw. The lines on the NVD in the pictures I am seeing have more white on them. The ones that I saw were completely black and had narrow neon blue lines going nose to tail.

These are almost what they looked like, but the ones I saw had absolutely no white on them.
yhst-33477391359232_2131_103712525.gif

Yea they were really cool looking, but son asked if we could have one, but as soon as I head the word damsel, I said, "NO!" I am not putting any damsels in the tank especially since I want to get a pair of black and white clowns. This store has some really cute O clowns that are like 1/2" long, but I really want the black and white.

Yea they were really cool looking, but son asked if we could have one, but as soon as I head the word damsel, I said, "NO!" I am not putting any damsels in the tank especially since I want to get a pair of black and white clowns. This store has some really cute O clowns that are like 1/2" long, but I really want the black and white.
nice I love the B/W clowns :D there so cool looking. I can't wait to get my other tank set up I may do that lol I'm torn on what I want to do with the 55. When I'm done getting every thing for it that is. I know I want to construct a stone shelf for zoa to take over but as for fish I Just don't know:grumble::grumble: hahaha.

Right now all I know is that I want the b/w clowns. My son wants a firefish and a bubble coral. I told him that the bubble was fine that we could get it and a firefish, which coloring of the fire I don't know yet, but since I don't have the tank even up yet, I figure we have time to figure it out. LOL

You know if this fish had been a chromis instead of a damsel I would have liked to get one, but since it is, its off of the list of possible candidates.

Yea I really like them too. Right now my LFS doesn't have any in stock, but I will check closer to the end of the cycle. If they still don't, I'll just have them order some. :)

yep im pritty sure you saw a velvet damsel probably a juvi i dont know too much about them so i really can explain the lack of white

Thanks carter. That is what I was thinking too. No I am not putting any damsels in my tank. :lol: I was just curious more than anything. They are very pretty fish and I love the coloration on them, just don't like their attitude.

I love damsels. They are pretty colorful and very active. Too bad they can become the spawns of hell as they grow. Mine got buff and thus banished as he got more reckless.

As they grow? They're born mean and stay mean. The damsel you're talking about is a Blue Velvet Damsel. They're mean as hornets.

Back