I decided to move the pseudochromis to a FOWLR 55g tank-tank mates?

claireputput

Reefing newb
I have a 120g reef tank. I have a purple psuedochromis and also a black cap basslet. My other fish include a Tang, Bengaii Cardinal, yellow watchman goby, 2 clown, a blue devil damsel, and a four stripe damsel
I had many invertebrates but most have been eaten-I haven't seen my cleaner shrimp today! :(

So, this got me thinking, I had some freshwater fish that I just have not been pleased with-hide most of the time and although the fish were nice-just not out and about enough. So, those are now gone and I had an empty 55g tank.
When I first started this, I planned on using this 55g for my reef tank but things escalated and I ended up with a 90g and upgraded to the 120 (not in it yet but plan on it this coming weekend).
Questions:
-I know I am moving the pseudochromis but should I move the basslet as I have heard yes and no on bothering invertebrates-and I do have the space.
-Next, everything I am reading on the damsels-the four stripe and the blue devil tells me to take them to a local LFS-correct right, they should not go in that tank?
-Lastly, what other fish can I add and since I am using some of the rock from the cycled 90g and plan to pick up more live rock, is there a good chance I will get an instant cycle?

The only advice I can give would be yes, take the damsels to the LFS....they have a tendency to get very territorial and nasty as they get bigger.

Sorry, not much help on the other questions, though I'm sure someone with more experience will be along to help.

Back