Dane's 125 Gallon Marine Setup

I dont see why not Patrick. I got this set from the personal stash of Justin @ The Jungle. He has a unique setup in that he owns a pretty large place with many reptiles and birds, some fresh water stuff, and 90% of his salt water stuff on display is his own personal Hobby, but he does sell some of it. I got a KILLLLLLLLER deal on the Duncans. They are going nuts in my tank. I was trying to count all the new sprouts yesterday and where I started with 13, I should have over 20 full heads in a couple weeks.

I think they would do fine in your tank. They are supposed to be pretty hardy. SWW had a couple duncan frags last week when I went in there.

And WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Im going to pick up my new 72" MH light fixture from there today! Ill look to see if they have anything of interest while Im there.

Dane

Guess your feeding those duncans good.:D
Mines sprouting a bunch of new heads too.
OH,and post pics of the new lights,and dont forget to acclimate everything to em.If you dont,you'll end up with a bunch of bleached corals.

Guess your feeding those duncans good.:D
Mines sprouting a bunch of new heads too.
OH,and post pics of the new lights,and dont forget to acclimate everything to em.If you dont,you'll end up with a bunch of bleached corals.

Ummmm.... Thanks for making my heart skip 9 beats... Care to hook a brutha up with some Acclimation tips? Is there anything else I need to know?
I am completely Softies and LPS. I dont have any SPS (yet)...

Do you run the lights at lower time cycles? Do you just not use as many? If so, for how long, and what is a normal acclimation cycle?

Thanks Yote. I would have been "head on fire" pissed if i would have killed all my corals!

i have around 450-500 watts of CF currently sitting on the Tank glass. I will be moving to 3-1450k MH with 4-CF Actinics (36" each). My plan is to suspend the fixture about 6-8 inches off the top of the tank.

Thanks again sir!

Dane

....Guess your feeding those duncans good.:D
Mines sprouting a bunch of new heads too.....

Dude, these things would eat a chrome bumper 3 times a day if I could figure out a way to chop them up small enough...

I have been feeding them every other day with a mix of Mysis and frozen adult shrimp cut into pieces

When I went to the T-5/MH fixture,I kept the T-5s on for the full 12 hours,but started the halides for only 4 right in the middle of the cycle.Then added 15 minutes a day untill I got em up to 10 hours.

Roger-Roger...

12 Hours on my Actinics and start with 4 hour sets of the MH in the middle of the cycle, and increase by 15 minutes daily.

Thank god the wife's office is on our property! She will be my new "Light Minion"

I have been runnign my lights a little over 12 hours.... am i doing any harm by doing this?

Im probably between 14-15 hours currently (Selfishly, it is because I love to watch my tank until I go to bed).

No harm to em at all from running the lights longer.As long as the hair algae stays gone,it wont bother anything.

OMG!!!!! Where have I been these last years...

I just got home and got my Lights rigged and I am utterly speechless. Here is the skinny (pics coming monday. Im at home and my computer at the house doesnt have a SD card reader to transfer the pics off of).

CoralLife 72" MH / CF Combo

3 - 14k Reef Optic HQI Halides (Brand new)
4 - 36" 96 watt 03 Actinic CF's
4 - LED Moon Lights

Ballasts Included, ALL new bulbs,

Coralife Aqualight Pro Metal Halide Aquarium Light Fixture, 1X250W HQI Compact Fluorescents, 72 inch aqualight pro 250w hqi aqualight pro 250w aqualight pro 250

I picked it up used at the local LFS out the door for $550.

As I was taking it apart to replace the HQI's, The inside of the thing looks BRAND NEW...

I am pumped. and OMG what a difference these make!!!

Waitin on the pics.
And remember that those HQIs aint made for tannin.The corals need the light more than you do:lol:

Yea I think this is the most excited I have been regarding the hobby. I can't wait to start some sps!!! Pics coming when I can get them off the camera

Ok Ok Ok Ok... I keep leaving the damn Camera at home, but I did pop some Low Quality Phone shots. Here are a couple...

First the Light. I am SO pleased with this fixture. I had an older All-CF CoralLife fixture that I was NOT very pleased with, but I guess when you move up to the Big leagues, quality improves tremendously!

4 - 36" / 96 Watt CF Actinics
3 - Reef Optic 250 watt HQI MH bulbs

Attachments

• Lights1.jpg
    Lights1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 216
  • NewLight1.jpg
    NewLight1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 245
  • tanklights2.jpg
    tanklights2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 236
Its a very poor comparison due to the camera (and the photographer) but here are the Flame Poly's under my old, All CF lights, and again under the NEW lights. You can DEFINITELY tell a major difference.

Attachments

• FlamePolyp3.jpg
    FlamePolyp3.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 249
  • flamepolys.jpg
    flamepolys.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 225
Again, Poor Quality, but here are a couple more I have had a little while...

Hammer... this guy is BEAUTIFUL under the Actinics and even glows under the Moon lights.

Attachments

• hammer.jpg
    hammer.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 231
Despite the difficulty in keeping these that I have heard from all sources, here is a Red sponge. strikingly beautiful, and seems to be doing ok.

The ONLY issue I have... (This is funny as hell). When I got him, I was watching him on the first day and all of a sudden, he Leaned over 90 degrees... I was taken back. I know they can move, but not THAT fast....

In a couple minutes, he leans back upright... I am completely perplexed...

Look carefully. Notice the "rock" he is mounted to... Its NOT a rock. upon closer inspection the next day I realized.... ITS A BiValve! WTF?!?!

Attachments

• sponge.jpg
    sponge.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 247
I have GOT to get a better camera because these guys are Stunning! probably one of my favorite items in the tank.

Attachments

• shrooms.jpg
    shrooms.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 224
And now my newest additions (I just couldnt stand it anymore)...

I got a sweet deal on both of these, so i jumped on them.

The Candy is small, but looks very healthy and is almost full open.

The Acro is BREATH TAKING. The image does it no justice. The Base is a deep maroon color and the new-growth tips are powder blue. The Polys are a bright "standout color" that I have yet to really decide on, but Im leaning toward a yellow color.

I promise to get some better shots this weekend. Im stoked about the Acro.

Attachments

• candy.jpg
    candy.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 233
  • acro1.jpg
    acro1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 235
  • AcroCandy.jpg
    AcroCandy.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 258
Back