Darko's 6g Edge

Donna, so you are removing the stock filter media all together?
Do you (or anyone else) think the rock and chaeto is better than the sponge, ceramic bio things and carbon pack? How will the chaeto grow with no light?

And where are you putting the skimmer?

To be honest I don't know how ANY OF THIS is going to work...but this is what I am trying first, I do have a back up plan of running chemi pure (1/2 of one) and the skimmer. I have a underwater light that my GF bought me for my lizard tank and I think it is should work for chateo so I am tossing that in the filter, so it will grow or die..... I will find out fast... I will take pics of this tonight its pretty packed, I don't have a skimmer yet... just a piece of plastic that is about the same size so you can see. Also when I do my LED retro I will include a fuge light :)

The simmer may need a little bit of modification to fit, right now its 8.25in if i take the lid off the filter it give a little more space but not sure if its enough. but like I sad I got one for $5 off ebay...

OK I am on to plan B. I am going to run the stock filter with 1/2 of a chmi pure pouch. A bio cube skimmer and I am also getting the K-Nano now I am just waiting to see if I started a cycle or not but here are a few pics...

IMG_5010.jpg

IMG_5006.jpg

Love the black sand Donna. It looks like the water is all the way up to the top? How does that work?

That's kinda the point of these tanks. Top down viewing.
There is a tall lip under the square plastic top.
The manufacturer says there is enough gas exchange created by the filter system... but i have my doubts after losing some fw fish. I started letting the water level drop a bit. Plus you can't stick your hand in to do maintenance without removing some water or it will spill over the top.

That's kinda the point of these tanks. Top down viewing.
There is a tall lip under the square plastic top.
The manufacturer says there is enough gas exchange created by the filter system... but i have my doubts after losing some fw fish. I started letting the water level drop a bit. Plus you can't stick your hand in to do maintenance without removing some water or it will spill over the top.

Yeah you would think after the 1st time I stuck my hand in and it overflowed I would learn, I think I did it like 10 different times yesterday...

Seems like cleaning the inside glass would be difficult, especially the top piece.

No worse than the imaginary tank type. :) They have a little tiny Fluval Edge magnet cleaner I am getting one of those only because its a lot smaller than the mag floats.

Donna how much was that tank. their selling one at my lfs for like 119 I was wondering if that was a good price:shock:

Yeah I think she got it for $89 because it was $99 and we have a family membership for the fish club so I know she has the 10% off card too. But at petco they are more? I am not sure how the LFS is cheaper then petco?

No Motor, you can not buy one. No!!!!!!! I am trying to convince myself not to buy one. I have not too many but enough tanks at the moment. Looking good Donna!

lol I did a count at my house we have 21 tanks with living animals or water in LR... so you have to have room for more!!!

Donna, it's looking really awesome so far!! Can I suggest a little clown goby for your tank?

Yeah I have been looking at those too and my niece really likes green so....

I'm in the same boat, motor-- but I'm a little concerned about hte lighting and gas exchange in those tanks...

Yeah I am a little concerned about that as well I hope it works it really is a pretty cool tank.

To be honest...I'm not normally crazy about black sand...but it looks great in your tank! :)

Yeah I was pretty hesitant about it at first but I am happy I went with it, it was the only bag the LFS of back so I think it was meant to be :D

woohoo....

I just tested the tank and NO CYCLE.... EVERYTHING is good to go!

However I picked up a thermometer and its only at 76 with the lights on so I am going to have to put in a heater....

My new bulbs just got here :) I am going home for lunch and putting them in :) maybe pics when I get back... if that work crap doesn't get in the way...

Back