Darko's Upgrade 46g Bow Front

It's looking good!! In spite of the lice, I bet your house is now filled with the wonderful smell of clean laundry :) One of my favorite smells.

Thanks for all the nice words everyone! :)

Well Today I got water in it!! I have to mix the salt in the tank or it would take me like a week to get it full! I am starting to get nervous about the move. After the salt is done mixing I am going to add the LS / LR in and move the rest of the life stock into a 20g we have sitting around with a HOB filter I until the other tank is done cycling. I have been setting up my timers today and how long should I leave the fuge light on?

You have two options for your fuge. Run the lights opposite your main tank's lights, or run them 24/7. I run mine 24 hours a day.

i also run mine 24/7, i have pods crawling out of the wood work as a result, i need to get a mandarin in here to help control my population

OK, so last night I was just getting ready to start moving my fish/corals into the holding tank when...yep the power goes off! My whole neighborhood lost its power for about 6 hours last night, a tree fell somewhere and knocked us all out...I had not got very far when this happened so I just stopped until today I am starting the move.

So I have a question about GFO reactor, I made sure to leave room for one since I am dealing with alage in my 35. I was going to get this one. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/Carbo...gle--GFO-and-Carbon-Reactor/product_info.html
The reason I wanted that one is you can run carbon/gfo in the same one. So my question is how often do you run it and with what? 24/7 with GFO and Carbon? Or is there something better?

Thanks

i wouldnt get the dual chamber, if you watch the video they dont recommend it, if your going to run both they suggest getting two singles since gfo and carbon are there most effective at different speeds

OK here are some pics I will tell you how everything went later :)
IMG_6519.jpg

IMG_6520.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6479.jpg

IMG_6484.jpg

Xenis didn't do great in the moves :(
IMG_6509.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg

So I finally finished transferring over everything, I had a few things not make it so great, my Xenias didn't do well. I thought one of the big ones had attached themselves but they went missing in the morning and the little ones well I think that they got beat up in the little tank the powerhead that was in there was pretty powerful for such a small space and there wasn't really anything I could do about that I played with it for a long time trying to make it work. Also my finger leather has not come back yet, but I was going to feed them all again tonight since the past week has been pretty stressful for htem. All and all I am pretty happy with how it all came out. I will say I am going to start looking into an auto top off I know there is not a lot of room but I think I am going to have to figure something out. The return pump is were the water level drops for the most part and I don't want to burn the pump up. The wall behind my tank goes into our coat closet and I think I am going to be drilling a hole in the wall and set it up like that but shhhh don't tell anyone.

I am not going to run out and fill up my tank but I am trying to plan out what I want to get. How many more fish do you think I can have? Now I have a firefish, PJ Cardinal, 6 line Wrasse

Back