the brain the pic turned green and i dont know why

009-5.jpg

019-3.jpg

and some tank shots

013-6.jpg

016-5.jpg

015-5.jpg

014-5.jpg

how does biffs tank get 200 pages with almost no pics but i cant get past 8 or 9 in 8 months. i think she has multiple accounts

here is what my birds nest looked like last year.

coral027.jpg

and this is what is left of it since the power outage a couple months ago it was about threee times the size of the pic that is above when most if it died.

005-9.jpg

geeze thats no good. has it improved since most of it died off? how disappointing. i missed the last slew of pics, your tank is looking good. nice additions.

it is growing good i could only save about a 1/4in of it and was hoping that it would comeback and it is now about a 1/2in and thanks for the comments

Sux when you have to trim what used to be a great looking colony.
But at least ya got enough left to grow it back.Nice growth at that.

here is the mod that i did to my skimmer the octo 800s
the hole i drilled is right at the elbow for the intake side of the skimmer just below the the overflow hole on the output side
when drilling the hole i found that a nice steady pace was best if i went to fast it just did more melting than cutting and if i went slow it bound up more. which could crack the plastic.(IMO)

this pic is from the back of the skimmer
021-2.jpg

this pis is from the top
022.jpg

this is the drill bit i used it is a 3/8 bit with a very sharp point
026-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

and here are the results if this mod after a couple days i will get more after it has ran more i just cleaned it and then remembered i was going to get pics of it
024.jpg

025-1.jpg

Ok, going to attempt that mod myself! So, you drilled it into the wall between the intake chamber and the middle chamber, correct?

Looks like it's pulling some good stuff!

Mods rule. I modded my old sissy seaclone skimmer and now its producing half a cup of dark skimate every two days. Its actually a decent skimmer now.

Mods kick a$$

Back