Dead Coral pieces

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
Went to Caladesi Island this last weekend and found some pieces of dead SPS on the beach. I plan on drilling some holes in them, sliding some leather string through and having a couple of rear view mirror ornaments. Think I should dip them in some kind of glue/water solution to help them hold up? Any advice or should I just drill, carefully?

Went to Caladesi Island this last weekend and found some pieces of dead SPS on the beach. I plan on drilling some holes in them, sliding some leather string through and having a couple of rear view mirror ornaments. Think I should dip them in some kind of glue/water solution to help them hold up? Any advice or should I just drill, carefully?

Nice. that would get me arrested in guam

I was gonna say to buy a masonry bit and do it slow, making sure not to put too much pressure on the drill for that exact reason. I am planning on doing the same thing with a bunch of dead coral I picked up in Hawaii. But I am planning on using them on the ribbons at Christmas time.

Evan be careful when drilling into the dead corals as they can easily break and ............. oh never mind. Hope I'm not too late. :mrgreen:

Back