Diamond Goby

Marine88

Joey Logano Super Fan!
got 1 of these 2 days ago anything special for these? he was hyper the 1st day and trying to jump but now has calmed down and started to build a burrow?anything i need to know?

i had one in the past about 3-4 years ago but it got killed by the ******* lawnmower bleney i used to have before i got rid of that back to the LFS

if it a yellow diamond goby and you have a pistol shrimp in your tank it will pair up if not they will find/build a borrow of there own and just live in it and lay there under you give it some food and it will go hyper for it

Trying to up your post count? LOL

Just make sure he eats when you feed the tank. Mine spends all day sifting sand. The first week he was in the tank, my water was cloudy all the time, and my skimmer skimmed like crazy! But now, my sand is SO clean. Not much dust getting kicked up.

Maybe because my lawnmower blenny came after the goby, they get along fine...the goby is the territorial one. Oh and people who have reefs do hate that the goby gets sand all over their corals, causing them to close up a lot. I only have mushrooms, so no problem here. He does get sand all over my rocks.

it one of the white & orange ones and i have a yellow watchmen? but my pistol shrimp is a **** with gobys doesn't seem to want to pair just wants to ride solo it seems and i have crushed coral bottom with some sand so i shouldn't have the sand problem i hope.....

Trying to up your post count? LOL

Just make sure he eats when you feed the tank. Mine spends all day sifting sand. The first week he was in the tank, my water was cloudy all the time, and my skimmer skimmed like crazy! But now, my sand is SO clean. Not much dust getting kicked up.

Maybe because my lawnmower blenny came after the goby, they get along fine...the goby is the territorial one. Oh and people who have reefs do hate that the goby gets sand all over their corals, causing them to close up a lot. I only have mushrooms, so no problem here. He does get sand all over my rocks.
no i just kept forgetting stuff

the goby with that kind of sand will hurt tthere belly a little and if you mean white and orange do you mean Randall's shrimp goby or Orange Stripe Pawn Goby?

and what kind of pistol shrimp do you have?

here is the pic its one of these diamond gobys
diamondgoby1.jpg

Lol... did you try yahoo? just search it there go to images then click on the pictue you want then click on Veiw Picture/ Image then look at the link then copy that and go to here click on Go Advanced then click on the Insert Image then paste the link there

yes it sifts through sand/crushed coral only difference seems it sifts sand through its gills and cc it seems to munch on the spit back out the clean cc but this one seems pretty common next to the yellow wacthmen

Back