Digglers 75 eel tank

Mr.Diggler

Smitten with Sookie
The wife and I just finished up the bulk of the house remodeling soooooooo now it's time to set up my eel tank. :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I've got it full of water and five pounds of rubble in my HOB filter. Two power heads @ 1300 gph each(may only use one), one light strip with two t5s(will add another strip after cycling). I plan on ordering 100 pounds of LR from the Live Rock Ranch, I might order 50 pounds of sand from them as well. Shipping is free.:D My skimmer is en route.

Live stock will include a snow flake eel, my frog fish Kermit and maybe my bastard tomato clown. Corals will be simple, zoa colony or two and a handful of ricordias. I also plan on 4 or 5 shaving brush plants. They look neat and will help with water quality. Inverts will be a standard CUC with a fighting conch along with a bunch of peppermint shrimp(snacks for Kermit and the eel).

IMAG0085.jpg

When I saw the title, I was hoping that you were going to get a bit more, exotic eel, like some kind of Dragon...

I don't have the cash for any of the more exotic eels. SF eels are attractive and stay relatively small, that's right in my wheelhouse. My wife is already on me about how much it's cost thus far. I sold a bunch of my comic books to fund this project.

I don't have the cash for any of the more exotic eels. SF eels are attractive and stay relatively small, that's right in my wheelhouse. My wife is already on me about how much it's cost thus far. I sold a bunch of my comic books to fund this project.

Okay, but I'll still be keeping an eye on this thread.

Yup, me too. I think this will be my last one for the foreseeable future. I have too many clowns( one maroon and two ocellaris) to combine my 37 and 24.

Digging the minimalist aquascaping! *JK* I would love to do an eel tank, or a large predatory fish tank at some time in the future, but right now I'm just dipping my toes in the saltwater. I will definitely be keeping an eye on your tank with an eye to a possible future addition to my menagerie. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Back