Digglers 75 eel tank

With the extra fan the temp is down to 81 degrees. Not good enough considering the MH has been off all day. Time to find a rack or something to hang this thing from.:grumble:

I spent some time at Lowes and came up with, what I hope, is a solution to my problem. I bought some brackets and wire shelving. Snipped the wire where the MH will be placed. So far I'm right under 81 degrees. The shelf is approximately 20 inches from the top of the tank.

IMAG0102.jpg

Just sitting on the metal seems like the heat would get to the metal and inturn heating the plastic if its touching.....id almost consider if that is an issue putting a piece of wood in each corner of the fixture to prop it up....could just be my eyes deciveing me.....20in.....thats not to bad if anything you can always move it down slowly....looks like a great idea tho. the shelving is nice and adjustable.

Hmm, those metal shelves are usually coated in something, I'd worry that the heat would make it brittle and allow some to fall into your tank. Plus, I wonder if there's a benefit to the MF if it's just going to be that high.

I'd look for a way to hang the fixture or get a chiller. Or even sell it and invest in an LED setup or par38's.

Otherwise, tank looks good!

My temp has been 80-81 degrees lately. We are in the middle of a heat wave and that doesn't help much. I'm fairly confident that this fall-spring my temp will be within range. I have to do a water test tonight. Hopefully my cycle has started.

Back