Disheartening Problems

maybe you could make a mix of kalk and joes juice or something just thinking that if you could make it so potent it may work. or get a little HCL(i think that is right) and give them a drop of it.

i did a racoon butterfly fish and it took care of aiptaisia and the few majanos i had and it took care of them quickly once it took care of them it started on a few hairy mushrooms but that was a small price to pay and was worth it to get rid of pest anenomes.

Here is a theory. And I could be totally off base, but some people actually talk about injecting the bodies with a surgical needle as you attempted. But what if that wasn't as effective as you think? Here's my idea. When I have used aptasia control I use it when the nem is fully extended and then blast it as if it is its next big meal and let it close up on it. My idea as far as effectiveness goes is that this way it actually gets physically ingested I its system (not that these things are that huge, but pretty much 100% of it gets correctly processed for sure. And additionally the process of digesting may wear the organism out to make it weaker and thus killing it easily. Just an idea but it may make a difference.

I've tried blasting them with the syringe minus the needle. They shrivelled up, but were back in full force in no time.

I just got done injecting them with a needleful of kalk and water solution. I made it as thick as I could, but thin enough to get through the needle. Much better results so far than I saw with the lemon juice. My lights will be going out soon, so I'll have to see what the damage is tomorrow. If this method works at eradicating them, it's going to take me a long time to go through them one by one sticking the needle in their mouths. But if that's what it takes...

Oh, and I estimated that I had about 50 earlier. I was wrong. I have way more than 50. Way more. :(

Biff what about just ripping the majano's off with a set of forcepts or something similar?

That wouldn't work... Aips and mojanos are tuff nems. The base would most likely grow back and also the ripped off parts may sprout new nems.

For the mojano, I would stick with smothering with a very concentrated kalk paste. Although I dont have any direct experiance with majanos, this works perfectly on my couple aips that have sprouted up.

As for the Kenya tree, a complete re-arranging of rocks may be in order. Rip off as much as you can and just flip the rock over... You may not have the color you want on your rocks, but the kenya would have no light to grow. This is just a theory, don't know how well it would work. A kalk smother worked fine for my kenya.

Sadly the kenyas will thrive even in dark spots, they will bot grow fast that way, but will not die either, I have tried this

I also have tried this :( I have kenyas growing in the darkest places of my tank that I can't even reach.

And majanos, if you can get a grip on them with forceps (they tend to retract into cracks in the rock), will just grow back from their stump :( I have tried a thick kalk paste, and they seem to grow back through that too.

My lights come back on in around 4 hours, so I'll have to see if the injected kalk worked. I hope it did!!

Heres what I do for majanos and/or aiptasias.
Take the needle and syrenge and fill it with full strength liquid calcium.When the anemone retracts back into the hole,dig in there with the needle while shooting the calcium in.I've not had any come back from that yet.
As for kenya weeds.About the only advice I can offer is to purchase a nuclear weapon and set it off in the tank.

I'm telling ya, try the sonic scrubber!!!!!!

I will have to head to Target and pick one of those up!

If I buy the sonic toothbrush, would I be able to use it on my teeth in between tank cleanings? I mean, obviously changing the brush head out in between, duh.

Ooooh I was thinking a sonic toothbrush!

That's much less expensive than I thought it'd be. I will definitely try to head over to Target to see if they carry one!

Back