Diy Refugium ?'S

My first Diy 10gal sump/refugium...did i do this right?, hopefully because its already siliconed, left chamber is where the water will come in, middle is where ill have my refugium and the right chamber is for my return, i tried to make the return part as large as i could since this is where i'm gonna have the evaporation occur...havent leak tested yet but wish me luck

Attachments

• sump pic.jpg
    sump pic.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 19,233
thanks guys, on last question on what return pump to use, if im correct i need to go atleast 10x for flow? So i have a 35g with a 10g fuge, that means i should get atleast a 400gph pump???

It depends on the size/capacity of your overflow. What kind do you have and how many gph can it handle?
You don't want to use a 400 gph pump if your overflow only handles 300 gph. You can end up with an empty sump and overflowing tank.

just a quick bit of advice, (i built the exact same sump/fuge), On the last baffle to the return give it some teeth at the top. it will help the water flow over better!

thats what it redid on mine and it works great!:D

Thanks Dustin, I didn't see that. How large is the return chamber? It looks pretty small. The reason I ask is because you dont want to be topping off the whole time. Yah know?

Looks great. I'll have to agree put teeth on the last one. I didn't so I had to use another piece of plexi glass at a slope to stop bubbles from entering the tank.

Back