Do you guys think i need a chiller?

you dont really need one unless you can not control the temp usually just a fan blowing over the water will create evaperation in turn will cool the tank. the more evap you can get the cooler the tank will be

I highly doubt that you'll need a chiller. The vast majority of people don't. Especially where you live -- it doesn't get that hot. I live in Arizona and don't have a chiller.

It doesn't make sense to buy a chiller ahead of time, for a new tank. The only way you can find out if you need one is to set up the tank and let it run normally, and see what temperature it gets up to. Like Daugherty said, a simple $10 fan can drop a tank's temp by up to 10 degrees. Because of how expensive they are, chillers should be used as a last option, and there are plenty of other ways to lower the tank's temperature to try before you resort to buying a chiller.

A chiller will be loud, heat up the room its in, and be very expensive to buy/operate. you'll be much better off buying a good fan to blow across the surface. I think it might even be cheaper to just crank up the a/c in the room the tank's in (if that's possible for you), then everyone stays cool, not just the fish. HTH

Back