Double Ended Frag

ph33nyx

Reefing newb
I bought a mushroom cap yesterday and didn't notice it in the store, but when I got home there were two, but on opposite ends, can this be cut in half so they lay more upright (image is not proportionate)?
mshrmcap.jpg

TIA

Maybe it would depend on what the plug is made of ? I'm not experienced in the hobby at all really. But on this I don't see why not. It's not going to hurt anything to cut through a plug.

If you don't want to cut it, I think it will be fine like it is. I have one like that and it is fine now. They both turned upright in just a few days.

You can try to cut it in half... I got a chunk of live rock that had two mushroom attached like that... I just set it on it's side and they turned to reach for the light.

When you say Mushroom cap do you mean a mushroom coral (the softie), or a monti cap? Mushrooms should be fine, but with montis, one of them may be a faster growing variety than the other, in which case one of them would get shaded out.

Cut mushroom at base...superglue gel somewhere else. Or cut at base, take razor blade, cut into 4 equal pieces, makeing sure to cut through the mouth and u have 5 shrooms =) just keeping your options open =)

I think it depends on how much they like the spot you put them in. Also it depends on the flow you put them in. If they are low flow, gluing them is pretty easy, but more flow i would rubber band them down.

Correct me if I'm wrong,guys, but the original question wasn't about cutting the shrooms, it was cutting the plug itself, right?

line a chisel up right down the middle and smack it with a hammer good and hard thatll break it, or just wait and the mushrooms will turn themselves up ward and than grow much larger.

Back