dustins first tank. 120 gallon(lots of pics)

ok this may sound n00bish but if astraea snails take care of your glass where do they feed in the wild since there aren't glass walls out in the ocean

ok so new additions today. pics will come later, most likely tomorrow. the stock in the tank now is two percs, one small juvie koran angelfish, and a small sohal tang.

Good deal! I hope you know that with the angelfish, that will prevent you from keeping most types of corals. You'll be limited to leathers and mushrooms, pretty much.

oh i forgot to mention that i got a yellow tang and the sohal looks like it might be attacking the yellow tang but it also looks like the sohal and yellow are just flipping there tails back and forth at each other. what should i do. are they just settling in or are they fighting. i mean they cant be fighting over territory because they both got put in at the exact same time. and ever since i turned the lights off they havent touched each other even though they are swimming around still and the yellow tang is following the sohal

Tangs will fight with each other. Sohals are one of the most aggressive types of tang out there, so if it continues, it may result in the yellow tang losing its life (they'll fight to the death). Once the sohal establishes its dominance, things should settle down, but there are no guarantees. They are flipping their tails at each other because they can stab each other with the thingamabobs on their tails (spurs? I can't remember the word).

You added all three fish at the same time (two tangs and the koran)? You might see a spike in your parameters since you added three relatively large fish to a newish tank. Test your water and be ready to do a large-ish water change if you need to, and in the future it's better to add one fish at a time.

biff i think the word is sacpula or something to that affect. also they arent large at all. the koran is probably an inch in length and the yellow and sohal are maybe 3 inches. also i think after turning the lights back on im think the yellow tang is more aggresive since the yellow tang follows the sohal and i saw the yellow take a lung at the sohal and when they are side by side the sohal when turn away and leave the area

PICTURE TIME:
sohal tang close up
006-2.jpg

sohal and yellow tangs, they dont fight anymore. i guess the yellow tang learned quick
005-2.jpg

the koran and yellow tang
004-1.jpg

group shot
003-2.jpg

Very nice looking fishes Fishfan, did you add them all at the same time? If you did be sure to watch for parameter changes. I like your additions for sure.

yeah i added them all yesterday and im checking the parameters closley. but the good thing is they never hid they have been out and about since minute one

ok so over two weeks ago when i added my clean up crew i put in two emerald crabs and until now i counted them both as a loss because i have never seen them. but to say im sitting really close to my tank staring into it and i same one of them barely poking out of between two rocks. is there a reason to why im just now barely seeing one.

ok so over two weeks ago when i added my clean up crew i put in two emerald crabs and until now i counted them both as a loss because i have never seen them. but to say im sitting really close to my tank staring into it and i same one of them barely poking out of between two rocks. is there a reason to why im just now barely seeing one.

I used to have one in my 24 I only saw once in a while. He just liked to stay behind the rocks.

Back