Dying Fuzzy Mushroom

chichimom79

reef junkie
My fuzzy mushroom has been unhappy for weeks! I have seen some of the polyps detach. At first I was like, Cool! It's reproducing! Now I think not :( I am about to take parameters again. Will post in a few minutes. Every other coral looks great. Any clues? I had some tiny red flatworms (not sure if they were even hurting anything), but since the second treatment of Flatworm Exit, I haven't seen any on the glass- and I never saw any on anything but the glass.
006-10.jpg

Is it getting too much flow? Or too much light? I have mine down on the sandbed in my 90, because every time I try to move it up it shrivels up just like yours. It seems to like it right where it's at! Anyway, I would suggest hiding it away from any current and perhaps as far down in the tank as it can go (or if it's as low as it can get, try hiding it under a ledge...). If it decides to recover, then gradually move it towards a spot that you want it to occupy and watch it's behavior. It will start shriveling up like that if it gets unhappy again.

Back