eel's

dragon3725

Reefing newb
:bowdown:I currently have a snowflake morray eel that is app. 2 ft in lenght.. The other day i ran across another type of eel (not sure what it is called but has red stripes) that i really liked.. My only concern is that the new one is rather small and im not sure how well the large one will react to a new addition that is so much smaller than him.. Do eel's tend to eat whatever they can fit in their mouths or do you think there is a chance he would recognize that its another eel.. Do eel's fight if in the same tank?? Any input will be greatly appreciated..

they are both predatory fish so the chance of them fighting IS there... but i have heard of people keeping more than 1 eel in a tank, dont know if it was as small of tank as your though

In a bigger tank,You MIGHT have a shot.
But in a 55,I'd about that the smaller eel would become food in a short time.

Im with alexander and yote, but I have a snowflake that was tiny with a 2 and a half foot zebra and have had no problems with them, but keep in mind the zebra eel is pretty docile and the snowflake eel is about average for eels

the red stripes sounds like a zebra, those and snowies are the most docile and commonly kept eels. by 2 feet what size around is he? my snowie who is 15 inches is only about a 1 1/2 inch around. typically eels wont eat other eels no matter the size, as long as they have their own caves they should do well together

Back