Emeralds ok for refugium?

Chris_150G

Reefing newb
I just picked up two little emerald crabs. They're probably each the size of a dime. They're cool looking. I was going to put them both in my DT. But, I have all sorts of undesirable algae growing in my refugium and was thinking of putting one in there. Seriously its like a scary jungle in there. I don't like to mess with it other than to flip the chaeto and clean the front plastic so I can see in, because I don't want to accidently disturb the DSB. Does anyone have one in a refugium with their DSB/macro? Will it climb out?

Last edited:
I just picked up two little emerald crabs. They're probably each the size of a dime. They're cool looking. I was going to put them both in my DT. But, I have all sorts of undesirable algae growing in my refugium and was thinking of putting one in there. Seriously its like a scary jungle in there. I don't like to mess with it other than to flip the chaeto and clean the front plastic so I can see in, because I don't want to accidently disturb the DSB. Does anyone have one in a refugium with their DSB/macro? Will it climb out?

I put one in a fuge once when I thought maybe it was eating fish. It did great. Ate the macro algae like crazy though.

Back