Emergency my clown fish?

Coralreefer23

I AM a Reefer@
So the I got home and was no able to get my water change in today which I had gotten two weeks ago cause my store was closed and my clown fish is running slowly around in the tank kinda looking a little pale but my invertes and jd is doing fine. I could catch my clown in my palm that never happens but he'd swim out almost right away. My carbon I just took out I relisized it had been in the chamber ove 30 dayz by about a few dayz what can I do to safe this guy I've had him over 7 months almost I love this little guy..... Plz someone plz info plus I have to go to work for the next four hours freaking scary and the shop doesn't open till 9am .......

So I got home and was not able to get my water change in today. Because my store was closed and my clown fish is swiming around the tank kinda looking a little pale but my invertes and jd is doing fine. I could catch my clown in my palm that never happens but he'd swam out almost right away. checked my levels just a few days ago and they were still fine. I had the light off when I got home due to still haven't got my night bulb on a timer yet, and so maybe just due to my water level in the tank being low he might just be in kind of in tired mode so I might just be freaking out. My carbon I just took out I relisized it had been in the chamber over 30 dayz by about a few dayz I turned my pump from breathing mode back to day mode(which is reefcrest/which ever the blue mode I swiched it to on the m10 vortec pump setting is can't remeber right now) what can I do to safe this guy I've had him over 7 months almost I love this little guy..... Plz someone plz info plus I have to go to work for the next four hours freaking scary and the shop doesn't open till 9am .....I'll check my perameters when get home but I've tested with the test strips and the API pro tube kit and they are coming up different?.....
Please help

Sorry to hear about the little guy. Just try to do a water change when you can. Is he eating at all. Try feeding him some garlic soaked foods to boost his immune system. Good luck with him.

How long has he been swimming like that? When you say he look pale, do you mean he looks like he has an extra layer of mucus coating him? Check your parameters. My clownfish is usually sluggish until he "wakes up" some more after lights come on.

If he's looking pale, could be nutrition too...I had a clown who was healthy, but when I got another clown to compare him too, I noticed his orange really wasn't as vibrant.

Yeah I turned the lights on and my pump cause in night mode it is breathing time this pump is pretty amazing.....so after I got home he adjusted and seemed to be pulling his weight I'll be testing the new water change in bout an hour! Can't believe why the API test kit which has nitrate, nitrite, Ammona, and ph tests kinda different compared to the smiths and fosters test strips which has ph, alklinity, nitrite, and nitrate are these supposed to be test different or is the kit not reading right

So if I have the api kit master kit , and I want to add a few frags what is different in the master reef kit which i could just add on instead of picking up the whole kit?

No, the basics you need are: pH, alkalinity, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and calcium (if you keep stoney corals). Many people recommend testing for magnesium if you have corals as well. And of course, a refractometer for salinity, and a thermometer for temperature.

Back