Enter, Kizmar and his 120 gal tank...

Kizmar

#derpface
My name is Nicholas (a.k.a. "Kizmar"). When I was in my teens I had a 40 gallon long aquarium with saltwater fish in it. When I moved out of my parent's house I had to get rid of everything. Since then I've been itching to build another tank. Now that I'm in my 30's and have a stable living environment, I've started to build a tank (finally)! It's amazing how much the equipment has changed since I last payed attention to this stuff.

As of this weekend I'll have about 70 pounds of live rock curing in the tank for about a week. I already have a snail and a tiny little starfish that have appeared from the live rock. I plan on getting a few more good sized "premium" live rock pieces to finish off my landscaping that's half done.

Here's the laundry list of what I've gotten for this tank so far:

Attachments

• sump-left-water.jpg
    sump-left-water.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,204
  • sump-right-water.jpg
    sump-right-water.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,285
  • tank-and-lights.jpg
    tank-and-lights.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,147
Last edited:
Looks great so far.
Nice looking heaters. Hadn't seen those.
And you will love those MP40w's!

Welcome to LR. :regular_w

So for it looks pretty damn good. Will you be using macro-algae? Also you got two heaters?

Yes, for the price I figured a little overkill can't hurt. Together they're only rated for 180 gallons total. If one dies the other one should be able to keep up long enough for me to get another one.

Also, I figure with overkill neither of them will be overworked and hopefully will last longer. :D

yeah, its very common to use two heaters. most people do actually. thats going to be one sweet tank when its set up. way to do your research and buy quality products:)

Back