ETSS refuge/skimmer

NJDevils

Reefing newb
Sorry if this topic has been covered (couldn't find it) installed an E.T.S.S. refugium (24g) and after a couple of days started making a whistling noise every 30 seconds or so. Sounds like an air issue in the downdraft tube that flows directly into the refuge filter sock??? Tried adjusting the output of the return pump, skimmer pump, etc... so far, no luck.
Maybe it should just run for several more days and see if it works it's way out? Skimmer is foaming (no issues there) so I am just looking for some ideas. :frustrat:

I bet who ever hooked that up for you has his head in his butt-crack. Check for leaks? It's the little air hole at the top of your "T" fitting....drill it out one size bigger. Don't worry about the plastic shavings, they will fall down with the water and get caught in the sock. When I'm done with Pops at the hospital tomorow I will come and check it out for you. I can't believe that tree-grinder of a pump didn't bother you, but an occasional whislte seems to hit you...

Check out at Robert Wood is 11 am. Waiting to hear from him. I have to go on a roof today, up a32 foot ladder to check some heat, can't wait. Then off to get him, if they let him out.

Back