Feather duster dead?

Freezy

Reefing newb
Hi guys. I know there are post out there about this but I have not seen any picture for example to compare to mine. So here goes.

Salinity 32
Temp 73
Ph 8.0
Ammonia 0.0
No2 0.0
No3 0.0

3 live rocks one clown. Feed fresh psyco pure.

Picture attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 350
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 302
Are you showing it's dropped crown?
I had one do that and it stayed in the tube for a month when I finally decided it was dead and went to take it out it moved in its tube so I moved it. About a week later it started to regrow it's crown, it lived for almost another year after that.

Hi guys. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

You can see the tube to it's left. And yes I think the crown dropped or something. The crown somehow looks like it's missing some fine hair/feathers? It looks more so like a few tiny sticks than a real feather.

So it's a possibility that it's still alive and I should leave it alone?

:(

i would leave it. it could be from stress, to much water flow or dirty water is the main causes they drop them
i would leave it. it could be from stress, to much water flow or dirty water is the main causes they drop them

Thank you. I will decrease the flow and hope for the best. Might be stress, I did some cleaning yesterday after leaving some seaweed while I was away for the clown and woke up today with the crown on the ground.

Thanks again all!

Back