Feeding?

Marke86

Coral Junkie
IM feeeding my fish three pellets each and half a cube of frozen brine every 2 days but today my clow ate so much he struggling to swim down its like his swim bladder is not workink or he ate to much. THis happened right after feeding any chance he ll pull through?

thx
Mark

2 clowns and a coral beauty and they eat most of it but should I not mix the pellets with the brine? and the coral beauty only eats one or two brine during feeding is this enough for him to survive?

The pellets will hold some air in them.Then whan a fish swallows,the digestive system releases the air into the fishes guts.Im guess he just had to fart to expell the air.

What kind of frozen food could I give to my fish that my clowns and coral beauty will eat? and the CB is big for a CB like 3"

My clowns will eat any kind of frozen food. They love mysis shrimps, krill,and emerald entree. The CB will eat the same.

well ive used a cube and a half in the last three days and now there is a tiny bit of of nitrite present do you think that the live rock will take care of this or should I do a 10% water change? My test is almost clear but its gotta hint of pink to it. .01-.02

I'd say leave it be. That small amount of nitrite should go down by itself. To me, this is an indicator that you are feeding too much. Maybe cut back on feeding for a bit.

Back