feeding

Gemini, you have a Spotted (Clown) Sweetlips? Do you know that they get over 2 feet long. That's way too big for your tank.

I know, I know. That was kinda a gift from my friend, and I couldn't resist against its beauty!:shock: but I for sure can't keep it for a lifetime, sadly!

Hello and Welcome Gemini

Im sorry to say but that site you were looking at is a terrible place to do research. Here is a much better site and their page on the blue tang. They shouldnt be in any tank smaller than 180 gallons and at least 8 ft long. The white cheek also needs a much larger tank, at least 125 gals and 6 ft long.

Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue Tang
Whitecheek Tang

The tangs stress out and die in tiny tanks. Please find yours a better home and be very careful about where you do your research.

The butterfly is likely starving to death in your tank, they are very challenging fish to keep because they are so hard to get eating frozen and we cant seem to provide the correct nutrients to few we can get to eat. They just waste away in our tank.

Also the sweetlips is going to out grow your tank in just a few months, if he doesnt die from stress first. I know he is stressed because he isnt eating, clearest sign of stress their is.

Good luck with clowns as well. It is very rare to be able to mix species, usually they fight until one is dead. It might work, but i would be prepared to move one of them.

This is such a challenging hobby because there is so much bad information out there and some of the most beautiful fish have no business being in our tank. Its very hard to not get cocky and think you will be one who will have success.

I see. I'll move the tangs as soon as possible. I know the best place for them. and for the rest I'll keep a close eye on them and move them too if they need it. thanks for your advices guys! :)

No problem and hope something I said was helpful. Just so you know, little fish is quite helpful and has lots of experience.

Good luck a keep us up to date.

Back