Filtration Product Choices?!

Rufio808

Reefing newb
Hey forum!

I recently bought a bag of chemi-pure for my 20 gallon tank and dropped in the back of my HOB filter. I got tired of having to buy new filters and chemi-pure lasting for a couple months is awesome. :mrgreen: I was wondering if I could go get another additive to control phosphates and possibly proteins. The two main products that caught my eye were phosguard and chemi-pure. Both really sound great as my tank is running skimmerless and sumpless.

On another note, the diatoms are finally receding! Thank tha lawd!

I have used phosguard in the past with great results as I too have a tank that is sumpless, 45 gal seahorse.. about 4 yrs now.. but I would really reccomend putting a skimmer on..

Next time, get the chemi-pure elite...it controls phosphates and silicates. But for now, you could get a phosphate pad or something to control them. You don't need a skimmer for a 20gal, just remember to do regular water changes still.

Great questions I also have a smaller tank and do not have a skimmer. I have noticed my phosphates were slightly elevated yesterday and it kinda freaked me out.
I am going to buy some today!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Yea I was looking for the elite version but I guess they were just out of stock. Oh and I do water changes religiously. I'll try picking up some phosguard this weekend.

On another note, the diatoms are finally receding! Thank tha lawd!

halleluia-praise-the-lord.jpg

Back