Finally, getting my 75 gallon started

OMG.
Tell me where you live.
Cause I'm gonna come over and steal this piece of rock!
That is badass.

Frogspawn.jpg

That piece of rock is bigger than it looks even. it was one of our 28 pounders. that point touching the substrait goes back into the rock work. that piece is about 13-15 inches long and makes a "T" about 6 or 8 inches wide. we got alot of great rock, if you're even up in ohio, from a local coral farm that aquacultures their own rock.

Well, a little update for everybody that's keeping score. we traded the koralias for one vortech MP40W and the flow from this thing is AWESOME. it's so strong that there is a visible undertow in the tank, we love it. the new skimmer is supposed to get here today so i'm going to try to get some pics tonight, but it might not be till monday. it's a warner marine R-200 that was one of their demo models i got a great deal on. we're still just got the occellaris clown, the marine betta and the royal gramma, but the foxface from Q is going into the display tonight. then we're going to try to put the clown in my wifes nano and add 2 pink skunk clowns taht will hopefully host the LTA.

Update, Update, Update, as promised for oh so long, more pictures.
We'll start with an equipment update.

Here is the new skimmer, it's a warner marine R-200. it was really loud at first but has quieted down alot.
marine.jpg

Close up for those interested
skimerater.jpg

This is the only decent picture i can get with it plumbed in and running. with it behind the tank it's not the easiest to get to.

skimmy.jpg

THis is four days of skimming. it doesn't look like alot, but i've got a collector in the stand so some of it is draining to down there.
ewy.jpg

Here is our sump again. we upgraded to a JBJ ATO and we're running a two little fishes phosphate reactor.
sump.jpg

Now on to the New Vortech
Dry side
vortech.jpg

Wet side
vortec.jpg

Controller
control.jpg

coming soon live stock updates....

And now the live stock updates...in no particular order.
Here is the Marine Betta next to out leather and above our clam
betta_930938.jpg

Just the clam. as pretty as this picture looks it really doesn't do any justice to the clam
clam.jpg

Here's a piture from the right side of the tank. the occelaris clown and royal gramma wanted to get in on some of the pictures
crossshot.jpg

Here is our newest addition the foxface
fox.jpg

foxface.jpg

the leather and our tuxedo urchin at the bottom of this one
leather_182403.jpg

The marine betta and long tentacle anemone
nemy.jpg

the bottom of this picture is kind of distorted from the glass, but you get the idea
nemy2.jpg

our orange and red and green zoas( i think this one is with flash)
zoafish.jpg

without flash
Zoapanther.jpg

I would like to apologize for the lack of quality of the pictures i'm neither steady nor smart enough to work the camera. (if anyone has any tips i'd love to hear them i used a nikon cool pix for these and i can also use a cannon a1000 if i borrow it or our cam sony cam corder)

i didn't get any pics of the acro because they were all really washed out with the daylights on. i'll try to get some actinic shots another time. thanks

Holy crud! Is that skimmer as big as it looks? The tank looks awesome. Everything looks nice and healthy. You did an amazing job.

Yeah, it is that big. i was origionally looking at the skimmer that is one size smaller than this one from warner and it was going to be a little overkill. well, then this one was a demo model and they were wanting to clear out the warehouse so they were selling a few of them for very cheap. i got this for less than the smaller one i was looking at would cost new. plus now i have plenty of room to upgrade.

The marine bettas are in the same family as groupers and they are hunters. we got him so small and we heard that they are hit or miss about how agressive they are. it took him a long time to warm up to us, but once he got used to the tank after coming out of QT he comes out in the front of the tank alot more. they do tend to hide alot, but we got really lucky and ours isn't shy at all any more. we have to make sure that we don't get any really small fish and we made sure none of the fish we had were big enough to fit in his mouth. he really goes hunt when he eats. he won't eat anything that isn't moving at least a little. if we turn the flow completey off when we feed he's not interested. he eats a little bit of mysis some times, but mostly chunks of silversides. he has turned out to b a great fish with alot of character, but i have heard they are hit or miss.

Back