Finally have a plan, how does it sound?

Explicit

Reefing newb
Hey everyone, I have finally figured out my system and am wondering how it sounds. If it's a green light it should be up and running in the next few weeks, with photos of course lol.
Here is a list of equipment:
30 Gallon aquarium
Current nova extreme HO t5s or Marineland reef capable LEDs ( not 100% here yet)
2 power heads ( Koralia 2s)
35 pounds life rock
25-30 pounds live sand
15% water changes once a week.
Any suggestions on salt would be great

Livestock
Two clowns
Goby of some type, depends what Lfs has
Assorted cuc

Corals
I have no idea yet but I'm thinking I'll start with a few zoa colonies and a couple of softies!

I hope everything looks decent! Thanks for all your help!

Looks good, but just get regular dry sand. It will become live over time and i seriously doubt that stuff is live after sitting in a bag for so long.

Awesome! You are always the first line of defense on my posts, love it! I'm super stoked about not having to run a skimmer.

How long will bacteria take to cultivate in the sand where it will be considered biologically filtering the tank?

Also anyone have a good excuse for my girlfriend as why we should not downsize to a 20:)

because you need 30 gals to get a dwarf angel!!!

And its because i seriously have no life.

AND once your cycle is complete, you can consider your tank have enough bacteria to handle your first fish. Then you wait 3 weeks to get enough bacteria to handle the next one.

Any angel has the possibility of picking at corals. I'd add both the clowns at the same time, it'll cut down somewhat on aggression.

I think a flame or coral beauty would be fine to add. There is a 50/50 chance it will be completely reef safe. But odds are just as likely that it will pick at corals. It's up to you to decide if you want to risk it!

Awesome! You are always the first line of defense on my posts, love it! I'm super stoked about not having to run a skimmer.

How long will bacteria take to cultivate in the sand where it will be considered biologically filtering the tank?

Also anyone have a good excuse for my girlfriend as why we should not downsize to a 20:)

tell her you want a 55 :mrgreen:

Back