Finally! My 75 Gallon Full Blown Reef!

Nah I don't really think so. I think it is more of an incentive to buy their equipment from one of their authorized dealers and to make sure that they aren't replacing pumps that have entered the used market and may have been damaged due to neglect. It also makes things alot easier if you do have a warranty claim since you don't have to go hunting for a receipt.

My freakin baffles freakin fell a freakin part. :pissedof::pissed::pissedof::pissed:

Would regular silicon work better than bath silicon???

:pooh:

Do I need a special kind of silicone to connect glass and plexiglass?

No, as long as the gap between the walls of the tank and baffle aren't too big its doable. I did this and just had to use a lot of silicon. My problem was that one baffle was slightly too large and I didn't realize that by fitting it in (it seemed tight but perfect) I was stressing the walls of the tank. Eventually, the sump burst... which leads me to my next comment.

I'm not sure if its a temporary spot but I would definitely move that power strip. Its not uncommon for floods, leaks or splashes in the sump and there is way too much of a risk that water would end up on the power strip. I would mount it to the sides of the stand to be safe.

Rockwork looks great and it will be all the sweeter that you took the time to research and do it right from the beginning! Can't wait to see it stocked :-)

So I got the heater....

It's so freakin huge and long and hard and wet and warm!

But seriously, look...

scaled.php

Well... Ammonia is at about 0.25 so I guess this means the cycle is starting.

Can I have too little live rock? I just put a very small piece of rock from my eel tank.

I'm having more baffle problems...

Is there any difference between white and clear silicone besides the color???

There is nothing wrong with the first heater. If it is a submersible just drop it in. If not, just angle it. The Finnex is Titanium, and a very good heater as well. I'd go with that over the "special" glass heater in the pics above.

Back